Friday, September 23, 2011

My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?

Model: Honda Civic Sedan LX 2008



The reason I am asking is because I don't get paid till Friday and I currently don't have enough money in the bank but I have to keep driving 30 minutes to and from work daily so I can make money to fix my brakes and I just want to make sure Im not causing serious damage.My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?you sure its your brakes? a 2008 vehicle shouldn't need brakes already unless your very heavy on them or drive alot. im just replacing my original brakes on my 1987 ford bronco II with only 50k miles on it and they wernt grinding they were just below the minimal specs. and the rears are still good. anyways if they are grinding from the brakes that means metal on metal and yes you are damaging them you are probally destroying your brake rotors and those are expensive. for example on my vehicle i needed pads and rotors the pads are cheap only 20$ for both fronts. but the rotors were 65$ each so 110$ for 2 and that was for the cheap stuff. i wouldn't drive it you can pay now or pay much more later.My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?You may be getting into the rotors which is going to cost more money in the long run.



I know on the older Hondas the rotors had to be put on a certain machine to turn them which made it more expensive than most cars.My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?2008 with worn out brakes ? How many miles ? If they are grinding already another few days probably won't hurt them any more than they already are.My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?Be careful. It sounds more like bearings than brakes.My car started making a grinding sound about a week ago due to brake pads wearing.How long can I drive on them?I wouldn't risk it, so ASAP.



Why don't you go to the bank and try to get a personal loan to cover the cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment