Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the brake pads on my 79 Datsun 210?

I can't figure out how to pull apart the caliper so I can get the pads off of those pins... I've been sitting there for 2 hours. I am a fairly experienced mechanic so I'm a little put off by having to ask for help, it's down right embarrassing. I've never not been able to figure something out on my own, so please be kind to my pride hahaha...



And thanks in advance.How do I change the brake pads on my 79 Datsun 210?Those cars are actually very simple. You do not need to remove the caliper. You pull the cotter pin at the end of each pin, then pull the 2 pins straight out. Then you can pull the pads out. Thats all there is to it. You will need to push the piston back in before you will be able to put the new pads in.

No comments:

Post a Comment