Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?

I have already bought new break pads from someone, so I only should pay to have them changed. I live in Los Angeles by the way. Please give me an appoximate of what would be reasonable. I'm a student, low on cash.

Thank you.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?You did a no,no. It would be the same as bringing your own steak to the resturant and asking them to cook it for you. Never bring your parts to a mech and ask them to install them. Now you will pay around $75 to have them put on.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?They should be able to do it in under an hour, but they will also charge you for shop supplies and will probably come up with some other things that they will try to charge you for, the rotors may need to be turned as well, if they are badly scored they may need to be replaced, I would borrow some tools if you don't have them already and do it yourself, it's an easy job and then you know you won't get screwed by some mechanic that is trying to charge you for work that doesn't need to be done.



Sorry if I offended any repair shops, I just don't trust them and do all of my own work unless it's under warranty.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?Shop around. One guy may do it for a case of beer whereas another wants a million. That is free enterprize.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?To do the job right the rotors need turned and the pads installed, Midas charges $79.95 for the job and thats about the cheapest around, it would be cheaper for you if you had a buddy who could do it for you and buy him a case of beer.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?grab a friends tools and do it yourself,it's unbelievable to me that anyone ever gets a garage to do such simple jobsHow much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?First off it's really best to change the rotors when changing the pads unless the pads were evenly worn and how damaged at all.Also the rotors could be burnt or unevenly warn so it's best to have a mechanic perform a free brake check on that vehicle.

The labour really isn't any different in price if the pads and rotors are replaced at the same time and really it should be more then 45 mins to 1 hr of labour cost tops.





Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way I'd not say anything about changing the pads etc until you have the free test performed and hear from from the mechanic.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?I charge $25 per wheel + parts.How much should I pay to have a mechanic change the my car's front brake pads?Like $50 each wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment