Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?

I no longer have my dad around ( he always worked on my car) n now i need my brake pads changed..instead of charging someone to do it id like to do it myself although ive never woeked on my car..does anyone have any ideas on where i can learn online?Is there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?Yes, the Chilton or Hayes would have what you need, but be very cautious!! Brakes are fairly easy to fix for those in the know, but you could jeapordize your safety or someone else's with just one little mistake.

I suggest to let the expert do this one.

SorryIs there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?Good on ya! Glad to see you want to do something yourself.



Best bet- find a Chilton's or Hayne's manual for your car. It'll have a section on replacing the brake pads with step-by-step instructions that you can have right next to the car. And if you drop a wrench on the book, you won't be out $1500 for a new laptop.



The net is great, I wouldn't want to be without my computer. but sometimes a real printed book is better. Hey- use the net to find your manual.



Hope you have access to your dad's tools.Is there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?Google itIs there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?http://www.expertvillage.com/video-serie watch the whole series I was able to change my brakes no problem after watching this and I had never done it beforeIs there a place online where i can learn step by step how to put on brake pads?I would grab a Haynes or Chilton brake manual to help you out. Also be sure to have a small set of hand tools to take the brake caliper off and some brake lube to put on the back of the pads where they attach to the caliper and also the edge of the brake pad where they touch the metal clips that are located on the caliper bracket. That will eliminate squeals and sqeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment