Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you change the brake pads on a 2004 chevy silverado?

ive never done anything with the brakes. i know very minimal stuff about mechanical but i want to learn and i need new pads. i basically know how to rotate tires and change the oil and have minor knowledge of parts. Will i be able to do it or am i better off taking it in? i not only want to save money, but to learn more about working on trucks. thanksHow do you change the brake pads on a 2004 chevy silverado?I would buy a service manual and rock and roll!!!



The fun you'll have with Silverados includes, slide pins %26quot;frozen%26quot; in the brackets. (Aftermarket parts stores are carrying the brackets now, if its stuck, forget the heat go right to the bracket, not very much and will save you a ton of fustration.) I have an 03 that I love but I've seen the same problems with all Chevy trucks especially the rears!



Bank on replacing rotors in the rear pretty much every brake job if its still disc, they went back to drum brakes for 04 which I think are better for a truck especially when pulling my 4,000 lb boat!



Good LuckHow do you change the brake pads on a 2004 chevy silverado?Its a simple job. Go to the popular mechanics web site. there is a link, That will show you how. I just walked my nieghbor through the process on his 01 chevy truck. The tech hasn't changed in years, Took him two hours. He needed a socket set, a c clamp, and 45 dollars in parts. Cheap and easy.How do you change the brake pads on a 2004 chevy silverado?if you don,t know then you better not try .
  • How do I keep my comforter fluffy
  • uk hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment