Monday, October 24, 2011

If I go to a repair shop, for example Midas, how long does it take to replace brake pads and rotors?

I want to drop off my Chevy Trailblazer and I really don't want to wait days on end to get it fixed.If I go to a repair shop, for example Midas, how long does it take to replace brake pads and rotors?It depends upon the shop. For just pads and rotors, about an hour to an hour and a half. Rear brakes will be close to the same.

If you go to a place like Midas, they will possibly try to sell you a complete new brake system. That will take longer and of course cost more. They do that in order to offer a lifetime warranty.If I go to a repair shop, for example Midas, how long does it take to replace brake pads and rotors?Typical brake repairs will take about 1 to 1.5 hours per axle set (fr or rr). This should include turning the rotors, installing pads and bleeding the system. If you have other issues, such as calipers sticking or brake hose problems, this may take an hour or so longer.



Either way, the brake job should be able to be completed the same day, possibly while you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment