Monday, October 24, 2011

How Do I remove the front brake pads on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX?

This question is related to



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090706052327AABN12e



I want to apply Disk Brake Quiet, but I gather I have to remove the brake pads. I assume this means I have to remove the calipers. I am a novice. Anyone know how I do this?



ThanksHow Do I remove the front brake pads on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX?It's pretty simple and no need to remove the caliper. After securing the front of the car up on stands and removing the wheel/tire, there is a sort of a clip that is over the top of the caliper. It's difficult to explain but I think you will see what I mean when you look. Anyway it's a flat wavy piece of metal and you have to unhook it from one end to remove it. Then there is a s,all metal bar that goes across the caliper through a small loop on the pads. Once that's removed, the pads just slide out. I realize it would be easier with visuals so maybe search around on NASIOC.com and you should find some step by step instructions.How Do I remove the front brake pads on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX?i think it might be good for you to get a auto repair manuel as it has pics of how to do it as its hard to tell you in words how to do itHow Do I remove the front brake pads on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX?Try autozone.com as they may have pictures if you can't find anything on nasioc.

No comments:

Post a Comment